Saturday, May 7, 2011

The cake, the whole cake, and nothing but the cake.



Open the refrigerator.  Milk for the baby, corned beef and cabbage the is probably going to get up and walk out on its own in a day or two, ketchup.  Nothing good.  Well, the ketchup is sweet...but, no. Close it.  
Open the refrigerator.  Milk for the baby, corned beef and cabbage the is probably going to get up and walk out on its own in a day or two, ketchup.  Nothing good.  Well, the ketchup is sweet...but, no. Close it.
Open the refrigerator.  Milk for the baby, corned beef and cabbage the is probably going to get up and walk out on its own in a day or two, ketchup.  Nothing good.  Well, the ketchup is sweet...but, no. Close it.
I guess I need a note on there that tells me "If you didn't go shopping, nothing in here has changed...move on, idiot."

     insanity |inˈsanitē|     noun    1the state of being seriously mentally ill; madness  (YUP)   2extreme foolishness or irrationality  (YUP)
After checking the fridge 7 times and checking the cabinets about twice that many, I finally admitted defeat and threw myself on the couch, blending in with the lumps.   It was then that I had my moment of enlightenment!  In the cabinets I had caught a glimpse of something, something that only now is coming together in my head.  Yes! Yes! Yes!!!  I have everything that I need in order to make chocolate cake, t least I think so.  I don't care for baking, I am actually pretty bad at it- but if this could get me my fix, I'd do it.  

Fast forward...well not too fast too far...the bowls from the batter are clean as I put them into the dishwasher...clean of batter anyways...the remains of a few crumbs can be found on the counter and the floor...ok, maybe just the floor...ok, no crumbs...

I ate it.  All of it.  Deal with it.

Step 2: Believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
Check.

No comments:

Post a Comment