Thursday, May 12, 2011

On your mark, get set...go on Monday...


I'll start Monday.  This has been said so many times that I think it qualifies as a mantra.  
"I have a wedding this weekend, I will start taking care of myself on Monday"
"I have a busy week this week, I will start taking care of myself on Monday"
"It looks cloudy out, I will start taking care of myself on Monday"

This is the longest week ever; 40 pounds and 100 gallons of Chunky Monkey later I am still waiting for Monday.

It's Thursday, Monday is too far away.  I am ready today.
I am ready to hand over my maternity clothes that I have been wearing for a year without being pregnant.
I am ready to hand over the stretch pants that serve as both pajamas and formal wear.
I am ready to hand over the layer of fat on my abdomen and not see my stomach sticking out past my chest.
I am ready to hand over the idea that weighing what a "Biggest Loser" contestant at the end of the season weighs is a good thing.
I am ready to hand over my sadness.
I am ready to be comfortable in my own skin.

Forget Monday.  Today.

Step 6: We're entirely ready to remove all these defects of character.

No comments:

Post a Comment