Tuesday, May 10, 2011

It's in the bag...and everywhere else

After nearly a week of sobriety from my sugar high I think I am doing pretty well.  Standing on my own two feet.  Being strong.  


Just don't look in my purse.


Hershey Kisses, a big 'ol bag?  Check.
Chocolate bar wrapper, empty?  Check.
Little chocolate square that is the last of the entire box that I already ate?  Check


Or the fridge.


Ice cream cake in the freezer?  Check.
Thats about all that's in the fridge.  Make no mistake that the night before I quit I made sure that I ate everything in there.  It was my 512th 'last binge'.  I hope it was the 'last last binge'.


I knew that all of these things were in there when I decided to quit and have seen them in there every day since.  But why did I keep them?  Visions of the starving children of of the world that I was told were waiting for my peas and broccoli as a kid begin to flash in my head.  Really? Am I really saving them in case  the Army needs extra food stuffs for a drop?  No.  


This is not good...not good at all.  Time to clean house...and purse...ok and maybe my desk drawer at work...  



Step 4:
Make a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves

No comments:

Post a Comment