Friday, May 13, 2011

Riding that train...high on cupcakes


Take a deep inhale through your nose, nice and sharp.  It travels up through your nose and then there is that moment.  The moment when it hits that back of your throat and you can taste it- every last granular piece of heaven.  It has been 9 days since my last hit and my senses are heightened.  

Cocaine? No.  Although, I have heard it described in the exact same way.  Coincidence, I think not.
I was sitting in the lunch room, with my boring sugar free lunch and my tasteless water.  I didn't even see it coming.  There was a tupperware in front of my that I didn't dare open. I knew if someone abandoned it here it was because they were trying to pass off their problems onto everyone else at the table.  Unfortunately, the woman next to me thought differently and opened it.  It was at that moment that the air wafted over and hit every sensor in my nose.  It was cupcakes.  You could have blindfolded me and I would have known the aroma of that my little pony pink frosting anywhere.  The scent traveled through my nose and knew right where to hit me next- right in the back of the throat, right where it could be morphed into some semblance of taste.  It feels so good, it has been so long.  

I was able to hold off long enough for the people at the table who are able to eat just one of these and move on with their day to grab their fill and leave nothing behind.  But, not everyday will there be these people around me.  Not every day will I have a good friend by my side to say 'but look how far you've come'.  I need to get the temptation away from me.  I need to move the tupperware to another table so people can go get their own without me having to go through that pain of fighting the urge.  Just get it out of my face!
It's time to ask everyone I love to help me move the tupperware.
  
Step 7:  Humbly ask to remove our shortcomings.

No comments:

Post a Comment